Adding Tim as a Blog Partner

Adding Tim as a Blog Partner
Building a Good Relationship With Food

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Days 21 and 22 and 23 - Catching up.



All I have to say is how did Sean Anderson keep up the discipline of the daily post for so long? We all miss his daily encouragement now, but I marvel at him! The rest of the week rushed by with the speed of light! I had breakfast yesterday with a new friend/board member/community leader. We talked about the weight loss journey and how hard it is to get into the "groove" and stay there. We talked about being older, healthy, active and vital women who can't seem to get back into the groove. We had every interesting conversation about what the "groove" is like. While we talked we both ate a delicious egg white omelette with vegetables and hot coffee. It was fun and worthwhile. I had a perfect day yesterday and felt really good about it. Late in the evening, I ate several crackers with cream cheese and jelly and I wasn't hungry. I was upset about events at a school dance which involved my son who is in a wheelchair and a bully. I handled the events with skill and was able to support my son without letting him enjoy feeling like a victim. We talked about how he could have deflected the bully's mean comments without letting the mean words spoil his first middle school dance and first school "date." I found the right balance and felt really good about it. Then I ate the crackers and cream cheese. I do go for comfort from food -- often! I've avoided admitting this for a long time.

Last week was intense and also punctuated with the beauty of the area and the fall.I was able to stay centered in almost every situation but that being centered was assisted by food -- intensified by fatigue. The solutions are obvious. Today I have started the day with Greek Yogurt and Muesli and a cup of tea. It was good. I am committed to having a good day with food and life today. Will take some photos of the leaves.

I will blog at the end of the day to check in and log my food. I am going to log my food on the blog from here on; hold myself publically accountable. I've have lost
only 4 lbs in the last 22 days but as Kenz reminds us in her blog, I didn't gain! This week I am aiming for a solid 2 lb. loss.

Happy Saturday across the land.

1 comment:

  1. Anytime you don't gain, it's a win! Hope you are proud of yourself. Sounds like you did a great job with your son and kept your eating in check. See you again on the next Hot 100 check in!

    ReplyDelete