Adding Tim as a Blog Partner

Adding Tim as a Blog Partner
Building a Good Relationship With Food

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 8 - Feeling Tired

Today was just plain fatiguing. Small staff with big responsibilities and real heart, guts, and creativity feeling scared and devalued and really tired -- I had an interesting experience while sitting in on a meeting with two staff who were at odds. One of them burst into tears and started a sobbing rant about not being appreciated. I was not moved; I was not stressed -- usually I become very anxious. I was very calm and firm and said "That's nonsense and you know it."
We are tired and working very hard. As soon as it was clear that the crying was not going to get a response, it ended as quickly as it began. I was able to stay clear -- which is really a first for me. And I realized how deeply all of us care about what we are doing in my organization and that we have to care for ourselves and each other. There is a pattern of dysfunction and finger pointing that precedes my time here and it surfaced. There was no harm done and things will be better tomorrow. And we will rebuild the organization together. I was not frightened over the episode and that was a first for me.

I ate a good lunch and breakfast and was very tired and hungry in the evening -- I had been too busy for my late afternoon snack which is essential for my feeling level at the end of the day. So I am writing a short blog to say thanks to those of you who comment on the blog and you have emailed me from far away to create a friendship. This blogging community is very interesting and it's real; I had no idea that it existed for us to tap into. How really inspiring it is!

I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner. It appealed to me and I had sprouted grain bread, natural peanut butter and just smidge of fruit-only jelly. It was comforting but not an excess of anything. I'm going to bed now -- it is very early and hope to start the day with extra sleep tomorrow. The cats and fed and happy and will soon perch themselves are various beds in the house and all will be calm and quiet.

It's been rainy today but the late afternoon was just lovely and very nice; the children and I made a short car trip to get cat food for the furry friends at our house. The week is going by much too fast. I look forward to work each day. I had a lovely morning driving the kids to school before work. We have a Halloween project with my grandchildren in California and are sending a joke a day about Halloween to them, illustrated with clip art. So my son read Halloween jokes and we selected a group of vampire jokes for the 2010 Halloween Joke Project. Tonight we decorated an email with clip art and sent the jokes out into cyberspace.

Write to me and tell me about your day and what you are discovering about food and its impact.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are posting this adventure with food. This morning I walked a bit inspired by your commitment to walk 3-4X a week. I have subscribed to this blog so I get your updates.

    The 100 day challenge. I love this and am tempted to join us, I could walk, drink water. I love blogging about this. Bravo. Anne Randolph
    http://blog.SoupKitchenWriting.com
    http://www.WriteYourLifeStory.org

    ReplyDelete